Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts

Kurzaufenthalte bis 90 Tage

Blau gefärbtes Visa-Icon mit Passfoto und erledigt-Häkchen

Kurzaufenthalte bis 90 Tage, © BO Belg/Canva.com

16.08.2023 - Artikel

If you want to apply for a Schengen visa, you can find all required information in the following article.

General information

Do I need a visa?

The common 'Schengen' visa is for short stay (tourism, visit or business purpose, medical treatment) for the Schengen area. Serbian citizens are entitled to travel to ‘Schengen’ countries visa FREE for a period of up to 90 days within 180 days.

Consular territorial competence

'Schengen' visa can only be applied by residents of Serbia who DO NOT possess Serbian citizenship. If you have been living in Serbia for less than six months, please contact the Embassy prior to your appointment.

Processing time

Please note: In cases where the start of the planned trip will take place in less than 15 calendar days, the application will not be accepted. The Embassy strongly recommends submitting applications no later than four weeks before the start of the planned journey, as it may take longer to process in individual cases.

Where and how to book an appointment

Schengen-visa applications can only be submitted at the Visa Application Center TLScontact in Omladinskih Brigada 88a (airport city).

Required documents

The following documents are required to submit an application:

  • VIDEX (Schengen) form: fill out the form online and submit a duly signed print out at your appointment
  • Declaration: Submit a duly signed print out at your appointment
  • Visa fees: The visa fee is 80 € for adults and 40 € for children between 6 and 12 years. Children from 0-6 are free of charge. If you are a spouse of an EU citizen, your application will be processed free of charge. The visa fee must be paid in RSD. Important notice: All other services provided by the Embassy to process your application and the application form are free of charge. Please note: The Visa Application Centre (VAC) operated by our external service provider TLScontact charges an additional service fee of 40,- euros. You can find further information here.
  • 2 biometric passport photos (not older than 6 months, no self-made prints)
  • Passport valid until at least six months after your intended travel date. It must not be older than 10 years and there must be at least two blank pages left
  • 1 copy of the data page of your passport
  • Residence permit for Serbia (original and 1 copy): The residence permit must be valid minimum one month after the intented return to Serbia
  • Travel Health insurance with a coverage of at least 30.000 Euros valid in all Schengen countries

  • ​​​​​​​Copy of lease agreement or proof of property in Serbia, e.g. copy of real estate purchase agreement

  • Current bank statement

  • Proof of family ties in Serbia: marriage certificate (copy), birth certificates of your children and copies of their passports (data page) with valid residence permits for Serbia (if applicable)

Please note: ALL following mentioned documents have to be provided in English or German language or have to be officially translated by notary public.

For employees:

  • Copy of your working contract as well as your last three pay slips (original and 1 copy each)
  • Proof of employment issued by the Serbian authorities „Listing“ (original and 1 copy)

For self-employed workers / freelance workers:

  • entry in the commercial register (original and 1 copy)
  • proof that your company paid taxes (original and 1 copy)

Additional documents required depending on purpose:

  • Invitation letter written by your host company in Germany / fair company that states your Name and the purpose of the intended visit in German or English
  • Hotel booking for the whole duration of your trip
  • Original formal obligation by your host in Germany according to §§ 66 the German Residence Act confirmed by the local German Aliens Authority (Verpflichtungserklärung„) or other proof that you can provide sufficient funds for your stay (e.g. bank statements, pay slips etc.)

  • If you intend to visit close relatives (e.g. parents, children, siblings): Proof of relation between you and the family member who is inviting you (e. g. copies of birth certificates, marriage certificates etc.).
  • Original invitation/formal obligation by your host in Germany according to §§ 66-68 of the German Residence Act confirmed by the local German Aliens Authority (“Verpflichtungserklärung„) or invitation letter written by your host and proof of sufficient funds for your stay

  • If you have an existing, valid hotel reservation including booking number and pin, please attach a copy of the reservation to your application.
  • Information about itinerary, purpose of stay and plans

  • Medical certificate stating your illness and the necessary treatment
  • Letter of confirmation by the German hospital stating how long the patient will be treated and that all the costs for the treatment are covered
  • Original formal obligation by your host/person residing in Germany according to §§ 66-68 the German Residence Act confirmed by the local German Aliens Authority (“Verpflichtungserklärung„) or other proof that you can provide sufficient funds for your stay (e. g. bank statements, pay slips etc.)

First, please check whether you require an airport transit visa on the website of the Federal Foreign Office. This visa allows a short stopover at an international airport only, without leaving the airport’s international transit area or overnight stay in a hotel. If you need to leave the international transit area (e.g. in order to catch a connecting flight at another airport to leave the Schengen area), please apply for a regular Schengen visa.

  • Flight reservation to final destination (if one-way) or return ticket if you live in Serbia
  • copy of valid visa / residence permit for your final destination, if applicable

Travelling with minors

In addition to the required documents for the different types of visa, every minor applicant (0-18 years of age) has to fill out an individual application. The application must be signed by both parents unless one parent has the sole custody or a residence order for the minor. In this case please provide a proof of the sole custody (e.g. birth certificate of child, adoption papers, court decision on custody).

In cases where either one or both legal guardians are not able to accompany the applicant to the visa appointment or during the travel, please additionally provide the following documents:

  • Signed and notarized letter of travel consent issued by parents/guardians (original)
  • copies of the parents’ passports
nach oben